With InterQual Connect™, payers can easily automate all authorization requests, even those
requiring medical review, within their existing systems. Providers receive quicker authorization approvals for most requests and payers only need to touch the exceptions that can’t be approved automatically—no more duplicative medical reviews or wasting precious staff time on routine authorizations.
- InterQual Medical Review & Authorization: InterQual Connect is a flexible SaaS solution, integrated into payer and provider health information systems. It pairs the leading
InterQual® Criteria, now available as a web service, with proven and secure connectivity.
- A Unique Solution: The only integrated solution to enable full auto authorization, including
- Uses Existing IT Infrastructure: No new hardware, software or IT staff required.
- Easy to Implement: Time to value can be as little as 60 days when using a certified Change Healthcare Alliance Partner.
- Provides Fast, Secure Connectivity: Uses the proven authorization gateway.
- Keeps Users in Existing Workflows: Providers submit an authorization request, and payers
receive the request and medical review from within their current UM/CM workflow.
- Delivers Real-time InterQual Access: Just-in-time content from our cloud platform helps ensure you get the latest version, but you can choose when to make the switch.
- Aligns with InterQual Hospitals: Payers benefit from the shared clinical language with thousands of InterQual hospitals plus a direct connection to those hospitals already on the InterQual Connect cloud.
- Supports Payer/Provider Collaboration: Helps reduce the costs and hassle of prior
authorization, while providing full transparency of payer criteria to providers.
- Medical Review Service: Optimized for integration, this web service delivers seamless access to the InterQual medical review within your UM/CM system or payer’s provider
portal. You get the same leading evidence-based InterQual Criteria combined with our modern, user-friendly interface. The SaaS platform helps you reduce your IT burden, providing realtime access to content. You receive software and content upgrades
automatically without waiting for installation and validation, but still maintain control of when to switch to the newer content. You also gain the freedom to make the Medical Review Service available throughout a networked system, such as a multi-hospital and outpatient network or multi-location payer. The Medical Review Service works with any modern browser.
- Secure Authorization Connectivity: Our cloud platform and authorization gateway enable the creation of a secure network of connected payers and providers by providing a common language, standard API protocols, access controls and routing rules. Providers transmit an authorization request, complete with an InterQual medical review, through the gateway directly to a payer. The payer system then applies business rules and the InterQual Criteria to this request, and instantly delivers the authorization status back through the gateway
to the provider. The gateway has been deployed as part of our cloud solutions, and currently supports thousands of authorization transactions per week between connected payers and providers. It is optimized for our interoperable (XML) medical review format, and can also support the HIPAA X12 278 transaction standards.
AVIA Connect is where innovative health systems and hospitals go to find the right digital health solutions. It’s built to efficiently search vendors and guide informed decisions, with tools like product comparisons, match scores, report generators, peer reviews, and market insights.
AVIA Connect is brought to you by AVIA, a trusted company and community of experts who guide health systems on their digital transformation journey.
Stay up to date
Keep up with the latest products and trends in digital health.