Papa provides Family-on-Demand services for older adults and families in the comfort of their home, at a distance, or virtually. The Papa Platform enables Members to connect with Papa Pal(s) who will, at a minimum offer and deliver on the following types of services requested by the Member or services at the direction of the Health Plan Partner. The Papa platform is highly configurable to meet your requirements for multiple benefit designs, Regions, Member populations, quality initiatives, etc.
• Home Visits, Virtual Visits, and Respite Care: Augmented support for Instrumental Activities of Daily Living (IADLs), companionship, light housework, meal preparation, organization, laundry, assistance with pet(s) etc.
• Guided Group Activities: Papa will host interactive webinars as directed by the Health Plan Partner where Members will be led through modifiable activities that help increase brain function, decrease loneliness, a empower Members such as meditation, scrapbooking, cooking, book clubs, stretching, chair aerobics, posture and coordination guidance.
• Care Gaps: Reminders for open care gaps as identified in the Health Plan Partner’s eligibility file (such as Comprehensive Diabetes Care Measures, Annual Wellness Visits, Vaccines, Preventive Screenings, Health Risk Assessments, etc.). Care gaps are presented to the Papa Pal through the Papa Pal app.
• Technical Guidance: Increase usage of Health Plan Partner’s virtual care, teaching new technologies, installing devices, assisting with use of technology, etc.
• Benefit Plan Guidance: Proactively inform Members of Health Plan benefits such as telehealth, mail order pharmacy and meal support services as directed by the Health Plan Partner.
• Transportation: Short-distance travel for errands, doctor’s appointments, pharmacy, grocery shopping, gym, etc.
• Quality Supported Initiatives: Health Plan Objectives such as assistance with medication adherence, doctor’s appointments, scheduling, care gap reminders, etc.
• Perform welfare checks – Visits intended to check on the wellbeing of the Member and provide resources and support such for those who may be homebound with increased isolation.
• Exercise, Fitness and Activity: Walking, gardening, biking, health club visits, etc.
• Events: pre-planned and pre-scheduled local event attendance, visits to local attractions (museums, fairs, community events), etc.
• Companionship: Face-to-Face or virtual companion visits, conversation, board games, reading, hobbies
• Grocery and Prescription Shop and Drop: Contactless shopping and delivery of groceries and prescriptions on behalf of the Member
• Care Navigation Services: These services are provided in addition to standard Papa services listed above. All Health Plan benefits are digested in the Papa platform to help Members understand their benefits. Care Navigation enhances the Papa Pal services to assist Members through the process of understanding benefits to scheduling medical appointments to transportation, etc. Services can include but are not limited to:
o Onboarding and Enrollment: Guided Papa Pal program enrollment and needs assessment
o Health Risk Assessments: Engage eligible Members to complete HRA
o Care Appointments and Transportation: Coordinate doctor visits, shopping and Rx pick up
o Care Gap Reminders: Reminders to assist and schedule care gap closure, proactively engage Members with their providers for annual wellness visits, etc.
o Benefits Resolution and Health Literacy: Guidance on available benefits, assistance to improve health literacy, and coaching on digital health tools and coaching on digital health tools and technology
o Member Insights and Reporting: Data requested by the plan to gain more holistic view of the Member’s needs including loneliness
Papa Pals shall not conduct the following activities below. Papa Pals can inform Members and coordinate with the Health Plan Partner or its’ partners for these clinical services:
• Medical Assistance: Medical diagnoses or recommendations; medical procedures, drug administration, or any other activities which would normally be performed by a licensed medical professional
• Personal Hygiene: Bathing, brushing teeth, bathroom assistance, dressing, nail clipping, or other acts which would be considered assistance with personal hygiene.
• Physical Contact: Feeding, carrying, massaging, lifting, or other unnecessary physical contact.
• Additional Prohibitions: Under no circumstances shall a Papa Pal visit or contact a Member outside of scheduled visits; develop a physical or romantic relationship with a Member; engage in any physical contact without the Member’s express consent; or act in any other manner that would not be consistent with a professional relationship.
AVIA Connect is where innovative health systems and hospitals go to find the right digital health solutions. It’s built to efficiently search vendors and guide informed decisions, with tools like product comparisons, match scores, report generators, peer reviews, and market insights.
AVIA Connect is brought to you by AVIA, a trusted company and community of experts who guide health systems on their digital transformation journey.
Stay up to date
Keep up with the latest products and trends in digital health.